Scramble Tournament Rules
1. Format is a modified four-person scramble. All four team members tee off on each hole and then decide which tee shot they like best and mark the spot. The player who hit the selected drive, then can hit a practice shot, but his or her ball from the selected spot cannot be used. The best shot of the other three players is then selected and used. All four players can then play from the spot of the selected second shot and into the hole. This modification is to help to prevent one outstanding player from dominating the team performance and to make the tournament to be a team effort.
2. From selected shots, each player can place the ball within one club length, no closer to the hole. If the selected ball is in the rough, each player must play from the rough.
3. Men are to tee off from the White tees. Women are to tee off from the Red tees.
4. The team must select three drives of each player on the team during the round. It does not matter what the par is for the three drives. Remember, when a player’s drive is used, his or her second shot cannot be used on that hole.
5. If a team has only three players, one player will play two shots, to take the place of the missing player. The three players must take turns hitting for the missing player, so over 18 holes, each of the three players must play for two players on a total of six holes.
6. Mark the selected ball on the putting green. Each player is to attempt the putt from the same spot. The first ball to go in is counted for the team score. If no player makes the putt, mark the best remaining putt and all team members are to putt from there.
7. If the ball that the team selects is in a hazard (bunker or water), or in the rough, or out of bounds, you cannot drop the ball outside the hazard or rough, even if relief is within one club length away. If the ball selected is in a sand bunker, everyone must hit from the sand bunker within one club length. You can rake the bunker after each shot. If the ball selected was in the water, drop out under USGA Rules procedures and add a penalty stroke for each player hitting from the drop. A ball hit out of bounds is usually not selected, but if it is, the players all must re-hit from where the ball was hit before it went out of bounds, and each player must add a “stroke and distance penalty” (2 strokes).
8. Double bogey is the maximum team score on any hole. Teams that reach a score of double bogey on a hole are to pick-up and move on to the next tee.
9. Rule number nine is please have a good time.